PRETERMITTED CHILDREN PROBLEMS
For problems 1-4, assume that Testator (T) was married to Surviving Spouse (SS) at the time of death and that T and SS had two children, A and PC. PC was born after T executed T's will.
1. Will leaves T's entire estate to A.
2. Will leaves T's entire estate to SS.
3. Will leaves T's entire estate to Charity.
4. Will leaves $20,000 to A and the remainder to X.
5. Husband (H) executes a will after having three children, A, B, and C. The will leaves $75,000 to Wife (W) and $25,000 to Brother. H strays from his marital vows and has an affair. As a result, PC is born. Assume that there is no paternity dispute. H dies with a distributable estate of $100,000.